Updated: May 5th, 2022
- The information we collect and how we collect it
- What we do with the information we collect
- How we share and disclose user information with third parties
- How we protect information
- How to contact us
- No rights of third parties
1. The information we collect and how we collect it. AES will collect information from you as part of your event registration or your online self-registration to participate in the auctions hosted by our non-profit client. Information that may be collected:
- Home Phone number
- Mobile Phone number (for SMS Texting)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- First and Last name
- Credit or Debit Card (encrypted or masked cardholder data only)
1.1 Automatically-collected information.
1.1.1 Device/usage information. We may automatically collect minimal information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Bidding Services. For example, we may compare your personal device’s bidding activity to AES owned bidding devices to provide our non-profit clients with statistics about the use of smart phone and remote bidding as it relates to their fundraising event.
1.2 Information from third parties AES is provided information about event attendees for the purposes of running registration and event management services on behalf of the non-profit client and supporting bidding services on behalf of the non-profit client. This is the only third party that AES communicates with to obtain your information.
2. What we do with the information we collect. We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our non-profit client with means to communicate with you via email and/or SMS text message.
- To register guests for the event or auction and allow guests access to the event.
- To allow guests to utilize our mobile or paper bidding services.
- To provide a bidder identification number to be used for bidding and purchase activity related to the non-profit event.
- To share with the non-profit client after the event is over at which time, the non-profit client may use the information to follow up on purchases, send thank you and tax letters as well as solicit for other events, happenings or anything related to the non-profit client that they wish to inform you of.
- To check out or “cashier” guests for their purchases and donations made via AES’s bidding services.
3. How we share user information with vendors. Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third party vendors so that they can assist us in servicing you and our non-profit clients alike (for example, providing technology for us to send you SMS text notifications regarding an event you are attending). Otherwise, we do not share your data with anyone outside of the non-profit client who hosted the event/campaign.
All credit card transactions are processed via iATS Payments, a Level 1 PCI compliant processor. https://home.iatspayments.com/ Whenever you make a credit card payment with AES, your encrypted data is submitted directly to iATS payments via secure webforms and webservices. AES does not have any visibility to, or ability to store your personal credit card information, other than masked card numbers, expiration dates, and cardholder name.
4. How we protect information.
4.1 Security. The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over SMS or email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification. All financial account information, such as credit card numbers, are protected in transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
4.2 Children. Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
4.3 Data Transfer. In order for us to provide the Services to you, your personal information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States. Your personal data is also processed by staff operating outside the US, such as Canada and Argentina, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Speak to a fundraising expert today